Proposal: Upgrading OpenGL packages for 2013.4.0.0

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:23:58 BST 2013

I'd like to propose the following upgrades for the upcoming 2013.4.0.0
HP release:

OpenGLRaw 1.3.0.0 => 1.4.0.0
GLURaw 1.3.0.0 => 1.4.0.0
OpenGL: 2.8.0.0 => 2.9.0.0
GLUT: 2.4.0.0 => 2.5.0.1

The OpenGL package itself contains a few non-backwards compatible API
changes, but these have been driven basically by public demand for an
API supporting OpenGL 4.4 features. The changes needed in
applications/libraries using OpenGL should be trivial and mechanical,
though.

I am not sure what the right process for this kind of upgrade is, so
I'll try a simple email first. :-)

Cheers,
   S.