2013.4.0.0 proposal - getting to alpha

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Tue Nov 26 08:24:22 GMT 2013

On 26 November 2013 17:08, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com>wrote:

> No, but if the binary installers auto-hide 1.16, then there will be a
> difference between the various platforms.

True, though Linux distros could update their ghc packages to hide
their Cabal library I suppose if necessary...

(I am kind of neutral on this: on the one hand shipping two
Cabal libraries does seem somewhat awkward, at the same
time I understand the desire to update cabal-install.
I am not sure if Fedora will ship 2013.4 anyway -
with limited resources we may focus rather on getting
ghc-7.8 ready for Fedora 21: Fedora 20 is about to release
with 2013.2!;)

Jens