aeson and dlist in HP 2013.4.0.0

Sean Leather sean.leather at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 19:54:36 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Niklas Hambüchen wrote:

> On 18/11/13 15:37, Sean Leather wrote:
> > Examples
> > include debugging (yours), implementing functions not included in the
> > library (e.g. this comes up sometimes with Data.Map/Data.Set), and
> > optimization.

> > In the case of DList, the underlying type is so simple
> > that exposing it does not add enough value to warrant a second module.
>
> These two points you give seem very contradicting.

The points are contradictory, but my message was not. I accept that there
are reasons to expose constructors, but in this case, I think (1) the
reason to hide the DList constructor is strong and (2) the reasons to
expose the constructor are weak. Of course, this is somewhat subjective,
but I have given evidence why the constructor should be hidden, and I have
not seen any non-speculative evidence why it should be exposed.