ANN: Haskell Platform 2013.2.0.0

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Thu May 30 16:15:25 BST 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 08:03:48AM -0700, Mark Lentczner wrote:
> A pet peeve of mine is that haskell packages rarely have discoverable
> change logs. Cabal & Hackage, while inducing so many other good practices,
> have no support for change logs. Even just a line like:  Change-Log:
> CHANGES pointing to a file in the distribution would be a help!

I agree. I'd like to see a lightweight, standard changelog format for
Haskell packages. That way hackage could type-set it nicely, and cabal
could easily answer "what's new in somepackage-latest compared to the
version I have installed?".

I don't really mind what the format looks like, but the Debian changelog
format seems as reasonable a starting point as any.

Thanks
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh, Haskell Consultant