Old versions of some libraries in HP 2013.2

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:04:51 BST 2013

the pre-release branch
.cabal<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-platform/blob/pre-release/haskell-platform.cabal#L100>file
does have zilb 0.5.4.1

case-insensitive is at 1.0.0.1 and unordered-containers at 0.2.3.0 because
those are the explicit version numbers that the respective package
maintainers asked me to include.

The versions you mentioned are less than two weeks old.

I don't automatically bump to head because then it becomes incumbent on me
to track every change of every package and make "the call": Is this release
just a packaging fix? a minor bug fix? an important bug fix? Is it a newer
feature that's ready for the platform? or is a bigger change that should
'bake' a bit? I can't always tell just from the versions, alas. The
maintainer is the best person to make this call. And besides, the package
count is already too large for this be the responsibility of the release
manager.

I've considered taking just minor version bumps automatically, but while
usually benign, sometimes one or more packages end up in a last-minute bump
fest trying to settle on a consistent, stable set.

If Bas and Johan want me to bump, there is still time (though rapidly
disappearing).

- Mark
​