Building the Platform

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Tue May 7 03:43:49 BST 2013

> I'm interested in hearing how people use the source distribution, and/or if
> people use the repo directly to build.

Are you thinking of making this change for 2013.2, or is it for future releases?

Fedora might be the only Linux distro that currently uses the large HP
source tarball,
but basically the build only depends on the "platform.packages" file
and package source dirs.
However I am kind of regretting this decision and thinking to move back
to individual source packages again eventually (in which case the Bare
case would be fine)
- though it is nice not having to worry about adding new packages to
the distro...

Anyway if there are no new build dependencies then I am not really worried
by the Programmatic (shake) approach.  A while back I couldn't get
the current Scripted approach to dynlink the shared HP libs IIRC.

Jens