2012.2.0.0 final count down

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:25:53 BST 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Jens Petersen <juhpetersen at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just noticed that haddock seems to be failing on GLUT.
> I dunno if that is a blocker to releasing?

Yup - discovered last night, while trying to build the Mac RC2 installer,
that indeed GLUT-2.1.2.2 fails to build at all:

Setup: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
* Missing C library: glut
This problem can usually be solved by installing the system package that
provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If the library is
already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the flags
--extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where it is.

The fix was to add --extra-lib-dirs=/usr/X11/lib to the environment
variable EXTRA_CONFIGURE_OPTS before calling build.sh. However, I'm not
certain that is correct for all platforms.

I'm going to make this call to go back to 2.1.2.1. That way, the platform
indicates that the OpenGL related components haven't been brought forward
yet. Obviously, if someone builds and packages 2.1.2.2, that isn't going to
break projects that depends on the platform.

I'm still beating some trac bugs into submission (#169, #194, #186, &
#163). I've got them mostly licked (I think) - but anticipate getting Mac
RC2 out Saturday.

 - Mark