package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark at glyphic.com
Sun May 20 01:19:19 BST 2012

Update  #2 on outstanding issues:

*Open, New*

[ ] GLUT 2.1.2.2?

    -- This would be just like 2.1.2.1 with Chris' one-line change of
extra-libraries:
glut -- I think we can take it if everyone agrees and he (or Jason) puts it
up.

*

Open, Almost Resolved*

[ ] GHC 7.4.1 or 7.4.2?

    -- I'm still tending to sticking with 7.4.1 -- but this is now lookin'
like a horse race. Anyone to weigh in?

[ ] just-released xhtml-3000.2.1

    -- I've reviewed it and it certainly seems a simple add. I'm
tentatively bumping to include unless I hear cries otherwise

*Resolved*

[ ] mtl and transformers -- stick with 2.0 & 0.2 or move ahead to 2.1 and
0.3?

    -- move to mtl-2.1.1 and transformers-0.3.0.0

**[ ] Should we bumping alex to version 3?

    -- yes

[ ] updating OpenGL and GLUT to recent versions will require including
packages: ObjectName, OpenGLRaw, GLURaw, StateVar, and Tensor. How do we
want to proceed?

    -- we will hold to OpenGL 2.2.3.1 and GLUT 2.1.2.1

[ ] mtl will need MonadCatchIO-mtl-0.3.0.4 - do we make that part of the
platform?

    -- it is cgi that needs this, and we will hold it back
to cgi-3001.1.7.4 which does not

[ ] random is no longer part of GHC, but I'm assuming we will now have it
as part of the HP set

    -- yes

[ ] deepseq is supplied with GHC, but it was listed as an HP addition,
consider it part of the GHC distribution now?

    -- yes

[ ] haskell2000 wasn't listed in core.packages, but I'm assuming we
consider it an exposed part of the GHC distribution

    -- yes, though of course I meant haskell2010

[ ] Do we consider integer-gmp and/or integer-simple part of the platform?
it was listed in core.packages, but not the haskell-platform.cabal file

    -- no

[ ] Verifying that the packages bin-package-db, binary, ghc-prim, and
hoopl, while supplied with GHC are not considered part of HP

    -- verified