package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed May 9 22:43:01 BST 2012

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 05.05.2012, 16:35 -0700 schrieb Mark Lentczner:
> I've put together a straw-man list of packages:
>
>    mtl                     2.0.1.0    --> 2.1.1

I just noticed that many package on hackage do not build with mtl-2.1.1
yet, lots of red entries on http://packdeps.haskellers.com/reverse/mtl

I’m a bit worried that upgrading mtl will require us to patch a lot of
packages, because the authors might not be quick to upload versions that
allow the mtl version of the future platform. Also, the changes are
non-trivial
(http://hdiff.luite.com/cgit/mtl/commit/?id=0c744be6e34a66d00497ee82d799900b9f25f950).

If indeed mtl 2.1.1 will be in the platform, maybe it would help if you
could send the version preview list to -cafe, asking authors to make
sure their latest package works with the libraries mentioned there.

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner