package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun May 6 20:10:22 BST 2012

Hi,

Am Montag, den 07.05.2012, 04:57 +1000 schrieb David Terei:
> > I think we already decided in the past that we won't upgrade those
> > versions due to those new modules.
> >
> > [ ] Is GHC 7.4.1 stable enough for a platform release? Do we know of
> > any major bugs?
>
> I'd argue waiting for 7.4.2. There are some pretty nice fixes in there
> for some reasonably serious bugs. I'm not sure when GHC HQ plans to
> release 7.4.2 but I would think soon and I'm sure they would be
> willing to make that sooner if you guys requested.

Debian will freeze the next stable release in June, it would be great if
the platform would release in time for that, i.e. in May.

If you want to wait for GHC, Debian will likely ship a slightly diverged
platform with GHC-7.4.1 (better than shipping an older platform, IMHO);
and the Haskell team will try (but can not promise) to upgrade to
GHC-7.4.2 even after the freeze.

A GHC 7.4.2 release in May together with a platform would be most
suitable for us.

Greetings,
Joachim

--