package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun May 6 04:42:35 BST 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is MonadCatchIO sounds?

Uhm... eh what? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are
pointing out that it is not mtl that needs that package, but cgi. We can
hold cgi back to 3001.1.7.4.

I think we already decided in the past that we won't upgrade [OpenGL and
> GLUT]
> versions due to those new modules.

There has been a renewed plea from Jason to give direction for how to move
forward. There is an update 2.2.3.1 (for OpenGL) that makes it 7.4
compatible... but as he points out, things have stalled on that line
otherwise. I agree that the three packages introduce generalized things
into Data that we probably wouldn't put in the platform otherwise. Do we
ask that they be folded back? In a GLExtras package that places them
perhaps under Data.OpenGL?

- Mark