HP 2012 compatibility with latest Apple software

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:33:10 BST 2012

On 26/07/2012 01:01, Mark Lentczner wrote:
> I'd love to get field reports from anyone who's tried it. I've not
> updated myself.... yet... (nor am I particular relishing the idea of now
> having to produce and test HP for three generations of Mac OS X.... :-(   )

There was some trouble with prerelease versions of 10.8, but we think
they were due to transient bugs in Apple's linker that were subsequently
fixed:

There's also this gmp-related bug still pending:

> On the face of it, HP 2012.2.0.0 should work with future Mac OS X's and
> future Xcode, so long as the command line tools are installed. I haven't
> checked yet, but I'm guessing the Xcode 4.4 command line tools are
> separately downloadable, and probably can be installed without Xcode
> itself --- and HP will use them. (If Apple has changed the command line
> tool story again.... I'm heading to Cupertino with an axe to grind...)

I believe you can get away with just the command-line tools, although
when I tried it I first installed XCode and then used it to download and
install the command-line tools.

Cheers,
	Simon