HP 2012 seems to be compatible with latest Apple OS and dev tools

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 22:59:01 BST 2012

As you suspected it seems that everything works fine although you do have
install the latest command line tools after upgrading to 10.8 as it removes
the old version. The latest are available for free at
https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action# assuming you have
registered as a developers. The latest are called "Command Line Tools (OS X
Mountain Lion) for Xcode - July 2012"

I haven't done extensive testing, just a smoke test, but that looks good.

Regards
George