Safe Haskell and Haskell Platform: near-term tactics

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon Jul 16 17:48:22 BST 2012

Gregory Collins wrote:
> I'm uncomfortable with this kind of a diktat without a plan for who's
> actually going to do the work. Any volunteers?

Well, "the work" is sending out a short email
to the package maintainers of the packages
that do not have Safe Haskell pragmas yet -
about half of them. The email should
be a request to add a Trustworthy pragma at
the top of each publicly exposed module in
their package, with a brief explanation.

If no one else is up to that, I'd be happy to do it
if we decide to go that way.

I glanced through the packages in the platform
not yet done. The only packages where I saw any
issues were vector, which is under discussion,
and network, where the unsafe interface that
pokes into memory already appears to be
neatly separated out into Network.Socket.Internal.
The network package is also maintained by
Johan. Does anyone see anything that I missed?

Thanks,
Yitz