[haskell-platform] #164: Installing packages using cabal fails on Haskell Platform 2011.2.0 on Mac OS X

haskell-platform haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org
Tue Mar 15 20:31:23 GMT 2011

#164: Installing packages using cabal fails on Haskell Platform 2011.2.0 on Mac
OS X
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mvanier           |        Owner:  MtnViewMark
     Type:  defect            |       Status:  new
Changes (by MtnViewMark):

  * owner:  => MtnViewMark

Comment:

 My suspicion is that the "cabal" command on your $PATH is old cabal, not
 new. If you run "cabal --version" you should see:

 {{{
 >: cabal --version
 cabal-install version 0.10.2
 using version 1.10.1.0 of the Cabal library
 }}}

 If you don't see that, try running "/usr/bin/cabal --version" -- and I
 suspect that will show the newer one.

 In this case, if you have nothing precious there, just "rm -rf ~/.cabal"
 -- and ensure there is no cabal executable (or symlink) lurking in ~/bin
 or /usr/local/bin. Finally, on the next execution of cabal, you'll get new
 cabal, and the new package install locations for --user (under
 ~/Library/Haskell)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/164#comment:4>
haskell-platform <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform>