Fwd: Installers ready for testing

Don Stewart dons00 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:43:02 GMT 2011

Good report for the Windows installer.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi Don,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Don Stewart <dons00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hosted at:
>
>  http://lambda.galois.com/hp-tmp/2011.2.0.0-rc/
>
> Includes, for the first time, a 64 bit Mac installer from Mark.

I tested the Windows installer on a virtual machine with Windows XP
and admin privileges.  Everything looks good to me.  I tested all
shortcuts that are created in the start menu, the paths were set up
correctly, I was able to install cabal-dev, and with cabal-dev I
installed snap without a hiccup.  (I chose snap because it has a lot
of dependencies; yesod and happstack failed because they depend on a
specific version of network and I don't have mingw on this machine.)

Let me know if there are more specific things you'd like to see
tested.  I remember you created a haskell-platform test package last
time, but we don't have that for this time, right?

Paulo