Pattern matching warnings

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Feb 25 14:05:08 GMT 2011

Hi,

I can only repeat to make patch releases as good as possible without
referring to (a) future release(s).

Only patch releases are sufficiently stable and may be used longer (by
distros).

I'm still at ghc-6.12.3 although that one didn't get the patch in for

ghc-7.10.1 has problem http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4527

The stable ghc-6.10.4 will soon be unusable (many hackage packages that
no longer support this version) and it's container package does not have
Data.Map.foldrWithKey (http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4842).

As you write yourself: "bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!" This also applies to unfortunate features.

Cheers Christian