Preparing for the release

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 01:08:56 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 05:32:39AM +0100, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> > Any comments on my concerns on OpenGL and GLUT?
>>
>> I think we should be fine, since the same versions of GLUT and
>> OpenGL were shipped with 2010.2.0.
>
> Well, if "fine" means 2011.2.0.0 will be broken in the same way as
> 2010.2.0 is broken, then yes, we'll be fine :-)
>
> Anyway, it seems that is indeed what'll happen.  Fingers crossed that
> it's fixed for 2011.4.0.0.

How does this issue affect the end user? I tried building a simple
OpenGL program (with ghc --make) and didn't run into any problems.

Regarding 2011.4.0.0: there was some talk about dropping OpenGL/GLUT
from HP altogether (#57, #58), though it looks like currently nobody
cares that much about it.
--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments