Test installers: Mac/ Unix

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Mon Feb 14 16:20:12 GMT 2011

On Feb 14, 2011, at 2:50 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:

> Is this new support documented somewhere? People have long been
> complaining about the docs (partially) missing from the Windows
> installer.

The "support" is just additions to the scripts that generate the installers and tar-balls. I added two things:
1) As each included package is built, haddock is now built as well.

2) Before the final installer is built, haddock --gen-index --gen-contents is run over all the generated docs, and the docs that come with GHC (it includes haddock generated docs for their bundled libraries). The result is a complete HP documentation index and contents.

The code to do this is now part of the HP darcs repo. See:
	src/generic/tarball/scripts/build.sh -- for step 1
	src/macos/Makefile -- for step 2, as done for Mac (look for "haddock")

If you are working on the Windows installer generation, this new script might be helpful too:
	src/generic/tarball/scripts/package.sh

	- Mark