Setting a timetable

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 8 12:50:57 GMT 2011

Hi there,

I have also prepared Haskell Platform 2011.4.0.0 binary packages for
FreeBSD 8.x (both 32-bit and 64-bit).  The URL is as follows:

  http://haskell.hu.freebsd.org/platform/2011.4.0.0/

The packages can be easily used by setting the PACKAGESITE variable
for the pkg_add(1) command.  For example, for FreeBSD/amd64:

$ sudo PACKAGESITE=http://haskell.hu.freebsd.org/platform/2011.4.0.0/8-amd64/Latest/
pkg_add -r hs-haskell-platform

The sources (i.e. the corresponding ports) can be found at our GitHub
repository in the haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0 branch:

https://github.com/freebsd-haskell/freebsd-haskell/tree/haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0

Remarks:

- The portshaker(8) tool does not support setting branches for
repositories at the moment, though they can be easily added by
overwriting the ports in your installed Ports Collection.

- They are published this way, because the FreeBSD Ports Collection is
now frozen (no sweeping changes allowed, like updating core Haskell
packages or GHC) due to the on-going release cycle for FreeBSD 9.0.