Minor release with new ghc?

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Aug 2 13:09:48 BST 2011

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 02.08.2011, 13:40 +0200 schrieb Mikhail Glushenkov:

> >> +1 also for Fedora: I am planning to update soon from ghc-7.0.2 to
> >> the just released ghc-7.0.4.
> >>
> >> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/ReleaseTimetable
> >
> > May I bring this question up again?
>
> Apparently everyone is busy. I don't have a lot of free time right now
> either, but if we agree to do a release that includes GHC 7.0.4, I can
> roll out a Windows installer.

if time is the only issue: For the purposes of the Debian Haskell Group
it would be sufficient to know that it is o.k. for the Debian packages
of the platform to diverge from the released specs by including
ghc-7.0.4 instead of 7.0.3. A proper release is not really needed.

Greetigs,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner