Status of Haskell Platform?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon May 24 03:27:44 EDT 2010

This is very interesting. I agree more information is useful to /some/
-- but the vast majority of downloaders don't seem to need it. I don't
agree that most people
care about the timeline -- it just should be relative easy to find a
timeline if you need it.

We're modelling ourselves on gnome and ubuntu, which have well
specified timetables for developers
(and I agree we could do better to specify), while hiding that info
from downloaders. If in doubt, look at the HP wiki!

So how do we balance the curious developers who don't want to click
through to the wiki, with the very curious, who read the wiki, and the
totally incurious, who click the first 'Download' button?

I think the best approach would be to keep the release timetable in
some pretty form linked directly
from the front page. A "Learn more about the HP" page or something,
that explains the key info: timetable,
how to add packages, who to contact for problems.

-- Don