Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0 RC and ghc 6.12.3 Solaris 10u8

Mark Wright markwright at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 20 07:37:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

The Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0 RC can be built from an RPM spec file
on Solaris 10u8, with ghc 6.12.3, as part of the Spec Files Extra project:

http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net/spec-files-extra/

No binary packages are available, no support, no warranty,
no commitment for any future work.  I have no access to Solaris 10
operating system patches or Sun Studio compiler patches, this makes
my development on Solaris extremely difficult.  Currently it is unknown
whether ghc 6.12.3 will compile on any Solaris operating system distribution
other than Solaris 10u8.  I compiled it with gcc 4.5.0 which is included
in experimental/SFEgcc-4.5.0.spec.

The web page for the status on Haskell Platform on Solaris is just the subversion
log for the spec file:

http://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/SFEghc-haskell-platform.spec?view=log

I compiled over 80 haskell packages with with ghc 6.12.3 and
the Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0 RC.  vty fails to compile, which breaks yi.
xmonad is currently untested and probably broken.

I also added a spec file for the Coq proof assistant, which can generate
Haskell code.

Thanks, Mark