HP comments from the State of Haskell survey

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Aug 16 17:34:32 EDT 2010

dons:
> cpatti:
> >

> > My goal is simply to get the 'generic tarball sources' to build, because that's
> > what Homebrew consumes and what is currently breaking on a linker error.
> >

> I've got a Mac ssh server now, so testing ...

I'm using the generic installer,

    $ ./configure --prefix=$HOME

    $ make

    * Building Haskell Platform completed successfully.
    *
    * Now do "make install"

    $ make install

    * Installation completed successfully.
    *
    * Programs installed into:
    *   /home/users/dons/bin
    *
    * Now do "cabal update" to initialize the package list
    *
    * Additional packages may be found at http://hackage.haskell.org
    * or via "cabal list <pattern>"
    *
    * Use "cabal install <foo>" to install additional packages
    *

    $ cabal update
    Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org

    $ cabal install haskell-platform-test
    Resolving dependencies...
    Downloading haskell-platform-test-2010.2.0.0...
    Configuring haskell-platform-test-2010.2.0.0...
    Preprocessing executables for haskell-platform-test-2010.2.0.0...
    Building haskell-platform-test-2010.2.0.0...
    Linking dist/build/haskell-platform-test/haskell-platform-test ...
    Installing executable(s) in /home/users/dons/.cabal/bin

    $ /home/users/dons/.cabal/bin/haskell-platform-test
    "Succesfully linked all packages"
    "i386"
    Version {versionBranch = [6,12], versionTags = []}
    "ghc"
    "darwin"

So the generic installer seems to be working? Leopard/Mac/intel.