Mac OS X installer is live: please confirm all is working

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:28:54 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Sebastian Fischer
<sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Sebastian Fischer <sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de>
>> Date: June 5, 2009 12:34:57 AM GMT+02:00
>> To: haskell-platform <Haskell-platform at community.haskell.org>
>> Subject: Re: Mac OS X installer is live: please confirm all is working
>>
>>> Could Mac users sign-on that this is working for them, and then I'll
>>> let the world know.
>>
>> Installing GHC and the Platform worked without an error for me (on
>> OS X 10.5.7). Easy! I noticed that the ghci history contains the
>> item "_HiStOrY_V2_" and don't know where exactly that comes from..

FWIW, that's just an artifact of the editline->haskeline switchover,
since they use different formats for the history file.  (editline adds
an extra line "_HiStOrY_V2_" at the top of that file.)  I don't think
it's anything to be concerned about.

-Judah