[haskell-platform] #79: Not clear how to install on ubuntu from http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

haskell-platform haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org
Thu Jul 30 08:38:38 EDT 2009

#79: Not clear how to install on ubuntu from
http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  hakim.cassimally at gmail.com  |        Owner:
     Type:  defect                      |       Status:  new
Comment (by joaopizani):

 Hi people, a bit of good news here:

 I'm already using GHC 6.10.4 on Ubuntu Jaunty. There's a good PPA
 (Personal Package Archihing how ve) providing up-to-date versions of GHC,
 Haddock, etc.

 I've found this tutorial (very good and easy to follow) telling how to
 install GHC 6.10.4 from the PPA and then the Platform (with the source
 package). I didn't - still - try the Platform installation, but I already
 use the GHC 6.10 PPA since April and it's very trustworthy.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/79#comment:2>
haskell-platform <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform>