Notes on Windows user experience

Erik Charlebois erikcharlebois at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:01:32 EDT 2009

WinHugs looks like a good starting point. Ultimately though, the more
features you add the more it starts to look like an IDE. Terminal-based
REPLs work on UNIX because the UNIX shell IS the IDE. On Windows, I'd argue
the right solution is to redo Visual Haskell on the VS2010 SDK (the
extensibility APIs are all going managed), replicating the F# experience as
much as possible.
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

> Oh, maybe we could port WinHugs:
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WinHugs
>
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Don Stewart<dons at galois.com> wrote:
> > http://prog21.dadgum.com/44.html
> >
> > "Want People to Use Your Language Under Windows? Do This."
> >
> > Any thoughts on how we should improve the terminal presentation of GHCi?
> >
> > -- Don

Erik Charlebois