[haskell-platform] #74: the haskell-platform 2009.2.0.1 source distribution spoils packages of a full ghc-6.10.4 binary installation

haskell-platform haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org
Mon Jul 20 15:06:44 EDT 2009

#74: the haskell-platform 2009.2.0.1 source distribution spoils packages of a
full ghc-6.10.4 binary installation
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  maeder                  |        Owner:  duncan
     Type:  defect                  |       Status:  new
Comment (by duncan):

 For 2009.2.0.2 we are shipping a newer version of network than comes with
 ghc-6.10.4 and the same older version of time. We will not be installing
 time unnecessarily because we're installing the correct version of time.
 The installer will use ghc-pkg to hide the time 1.1.3 version that comes
 with ghc-6.10.4 so that the correct version of the package will be used by
 default.

 Yes, we should do profiling libs by default.

 There's a dilema with not-reinstalling which is that the platform
 installer script cannot be used to recover a borked installation.

 The `--with-blah` options are not connected to anything, but `./configure`
 does not complain about unrecognised `--with-blah` options. We would
 accept a patch to connect the `--with-blah` flags to the problematic FFI
 packages. In general though we do not want to go down the route of making
 subsets of the platform. It lessens its status as a standard set that
 package authors can rely on.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/74#comment:3>
haskell-platform <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform>