Waiting for 6.10.4

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 17:04:27 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 15:39 -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> Just a reminder, althought 2009.2.0.2 was initially planned for Monday
> 13th, we're delaying the release until GHC 6.10.4 is out ("early this
> week").
>
> Likely package updates for this minor revision at this point are:
>
>    network 2.2.1.3
>    time 1.1.3
>    zlib 0.5.2.0
>    http 4000.0.7
>
> Package maintainers, check that the above bumps are PVP compliant.

The zlib change is PVP compliant but because it changes the 3rd digit
(compatible API addition) it is not suitable for inclusion in a minor
release of the platform.

Indeed nor is time 1.1.3 suitable.

I do not know about HTTP 4000.0.7. I do not know if it is actually
following the PVP scheme (if it is then 4000.0.6 -> 4000.0.7 would not
be suitable for a platform minor release).

Duncan