more package changes

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:20:54 EDT 2009

Hi Duncan,

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at ...> writes:

> We are inclined to drop OpenAL from this first release of the platform.
> The rationale is that we cannot use the released version because there
> are bugs preventing it from working on Windows and OSX. We could, at
> very short notice, tag and release the darcs version but it also
> includes API changes.

The only thing needed to make OpenAL cabal-installable on Windows
is a simple Makefile change. (Plus of course, you need to modify
some environment variables, like with GLUT, and have OpenAL
headers installed). I didn't test the library thoroughly, but it
appears to work.

On the other hand, I agree that OpenAL doesn't have as large user
base as OpenGL.