OSX installer: status

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Sat Apr 18 20:27:40 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Depressing news: the OSX installer is not going to work until I rework
cabal2macpkg to work with Leopard-style installer packages. It turns out
that you can't mix old-style and new-style .pkg files within an
old-style .mpkg file (meaning that I can't include the GHC installer).

Unless there's some miracle I doubt this'll be done in the next few
days; I have to rewrite large chunks of cabal2macpkg, but before that I
need to find comprehensible doco, or, barring that, do a bunch of
reverse-engineering. I'll keep you posted.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>