Stuff that needs doing

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 2 12:56:04 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

Stuff that needs doing:

      * Check all the "extra libs" are on Hackage. These are the ones
        that were released yesterday with ghc-6.10.2
      * Update the haskell-platform meta package for the latest "extra
        libs" package versions. We should be able to test using "cabal
        install haskell-platform".
      * Update the wiki with the exact version numbers. This info is
        needed by distro packagers.

      * I don't think anyone yet is working on the generic Unix tarball
        version.

Also, I should let you know that I'm disappearing off on holiday over
the Easter period. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and will return to the
internets the day before the Hackathon.

So I hope that in the mean time Don will be able to answer your
questions and point people in the right direction.

Advice to everyone: keep everyone else updated on what you're doing.
It's easier for people to help you when they know what you're working
on. Ask people to test things and ask for helpers for sub-tasks.
So that means posting to this list and/or keeping the wiki up to date.

Part of the purpose of this first release is to work out what the
release process is, what it involves. We will want to start to automate
things once we know slightly better what the processes are. So record
what you do, document on the wiki the steps and look for ideas of which
bits can be automated next time.

Have fun everyone.

Duncan