[haskell-llvm] pkg-config for LLVM-3.0 (Was: unknown symbol `DW.ref.__gxx_personality_v0')

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun May 19 18:51:55 BST 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013, Nathan Howell wrote:

> GHCi's loader has a lot of quirks. C++ for the most part doesn't load reliably... I've long since given up
> using llvm (or any C++ object files) from GHCi and Template Haskell. Here's a related
> ticket: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3333.

I know, GHCi was always tricky. But running LLVM from GHCi is really cool
and with my current setup with LLVM-3.0 it works!

I have now recorded my pkg-config attempts with git:
    http://code.haskell.org/~thielema/llvm-3.0-pkg-config/

I am working with Ubuntu 12.04 and the llvm-3.0-dev package.

Please follow the instructions of INSTALL.md.

My llvm.pc file looks very simple:

$ cat llvm.pc
Name: LLVM
Version: 3.0
Requires:
Conflicts:
Libs: -L/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/lib -lLLVM-3.0
Cflags: -I/usr/lib/llvm-3.0/include

I would be glad if someone could find ways to create an llvm.pc file on
Mac and Windows. My plan is to submit our solution to the LLVM team,
hoping that they include pkg-config support in future versions of LLVM.

I started my patches on commit cdb2cdb8c9643ad0066e7c2090927443e04dc7d1.
I will try to get pkg-config running with the latest commit for LLVM-3.2, too.