[haskell-llvm] 3.2.0.0 released

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri May 17 20:36:01 BST 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Carter Schonwald wrote:

> have you tried using llvm from ghci on GHC HEAD?
> many ghci bugs come from it using its own special weird linker. GHCI in HEAD uses dynamic linking.
>
> This will likely solve * nearly every* ghci vs ghc bug ever.

I have found out that the configure procedure of llvm-base-3.2 chooses
another llvm version than what the llvm-config in the $PATH says. Thus I
end up with different LLVM versions for GHC and GHCi.

My ~/.ghc/.../llvm-base....conf contains:

extra-libraries: LLVM-2.8 pthread dl m stdc++
extra-ghci-libraries: LLVM-3.2svn