[haskell-llvm] LLVM.ST (Was: Upcoming release, high level binding state)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed May 15 22:11:10 BST 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Benjamin Saunders wrote:

> The exposed interface, being constrained to the manipulation of LLVM IR,
> is not known to provide facilities for executing pointer arithmetic. If
> you can demonstrate to the contrary, please do--or better still, provide
> a patch. If not, then this is not a productive line of discussion.

No, the one who introduces a feature is responsible for proving its
correctness. At least he should explain to the user the purpose of the
module, such that the user can judge whether the module is sound or not.
So please, at least add a module description.

And I still think that the module is similar to the high-level interface
and thus should be in a separate package.