[haskell-llvm] LLVM.ST (Was: Upcoming release, high level binding state)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed May 15 21:46:18 BST 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Benjamin Saunders wrote:

> That is the purpose of LLVM.ST, yes. Note that this module is
> experimental. If you find a case where purity is violated,

I don't have a concrete example at hand, but with some pointer arithmetics
it should be simple to crash the machine, but runST would pretend that
this is not possible, right?

> or believe you have a design improvement, please open an issue at
> https://github.com/bos/llvm/issues

My design suggestion is to move this (experimental) code into a separate
package. There is no need to bind version numbers of your experiments to
the version number of LLVM.