[haskell-llvm] LLVM.ST (Was: Upcoming release, high level binding state)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed May 15 19:37:34 BST 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Benjamin Saunders wrote:

> I've merged extensive fixes and updates to llvm-base including my own
> low-level llvm-wrapper binding.

What is the idea of the LLVM.ST module. The ST monad is intended for
giving efficient low-level computations a non-monadic interface. Can we
warrant that the ST functions of this module create pure functions when
the ST monad is run with runST? Is it a good idea to put that module in
the llvm-base package?