[haskell-llvm] Int instead of CInt in FFI

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed May 15 17:32:03 BST 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Nathan Howell wrote:

> Sending a pull request would help get it fixed properly sooner and they're great for discussing prior
> patches in context. If there is a good reason to use e.g. Int instead of CInt the pull request can be closed
> without merging.

Sorry, I do not like to go all the trouble of creating a patch and making
a pull request, just in order to get to know that it will be rejected. Can
we please discuss before creating a patch?

I have looked into git annotations and it seems that the change was
introduced by commit 61820447235bde880b679a38e09d490dbd9dd8d9 by Nick
Frolov. Thus I can direct my question to the author of the commit: Why do
you think that Int is better than CInt for LLVMCmpInstGetPredicate?
(However, there are more functions with Int instead of CInt by other
authors.)