[haskell-llvm] Parsing LLVM IR code

Marcelo Sousa dipython at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 22:27:52 BST 2012

Hi all,

I'm tying to parse LLVM IR into a data that I have defined but I'm having a bit of troubles understanding exactly what is supported by the LLVM Bindings library.

Essentially what I want is to have a function parse :: Module -> LLVM that extracts the information on the bytecode file (kind of the same functionality as llvm-dis) into LLVM (see attach file for a draft).

Being a bit more specific, for instance I want to know how to get the layout, or how to get the full signature of functions to know wether that function is defined or declared, etc.

It seems to me that most of the functions I need are in LLVM.Core.Util but I'm not sure exactly how much does the library support.

Any ideas, suggestions or insights are much appreciated.

Regards,
Marcelo Sousa