[haskell-llvm] duplicate linking to LLVM libraries

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Jul 14 08:42:27 BST 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Henning Thielemann
> <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
>
>       I think
>
>        ld-options: /usr/local/lib/libLLVM-2.8rc.so
>
>       in llvm-0.9.*.conf is the problem, since when cleared to
>

> I backed that code out a week ago. Is the problem occurring with the most
> recent git tree?

Unless I am unable to use git, I think I use the HEAD version. The
ld-option field is put into the llvm-0.9*.conf by the line 91 in
   https://github.com/bos/llvm/blob/master/configure.ac

91:      *) llvm_ldoptions="$llvm_ldoptions $opt";;

That is, the script puts all options that are not -L (library paths) or -l
(library names) into the ld-options field. To me this sounds correct.
Maybe it is not correct to call llvm-config with '--libs all' option.