[haskell-llvm] patch: Remove extraneous GlobalPackageDB that was causing 'unexpected package db stack' errors

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jul 5 10:34:39 BST 2011

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Max Bolingbroke wrote:

> Hi Henning,
>
> I don't think removing this is the right fix. I think there was an
> email thread about this previously and from what I vaguely recall what
> was needed was to add a "nub" on the DB stack after consing on the
> GlobalPackageDB.
>
> Removing the GlobalPackageDB can't be right because adding it is
> precisely what made the package install for me. I don't have deep
> knowledge of Cabal, but I think the bug was triggered by the fact that
> I have "user-install: False" in my ~/.cabal/config.

Instead of trying around, what works for me, I would like to know, how it
is supposed to work. There seems to be no clarity. I read the tracker
issues:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/812
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/gtk2hs/ticket/1203

but after reading them I still do not know, what the proposed way is.