[haskell-llvm] patch: Remove extraneous GlobalPackageDB that was causing 'unexpected package db stack' errors

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:29:42 BST 2011

Hi Henning,

I don't think removing this is the right fix. I think there was an
email thread about this previously and from what I vaguely recall what
was needed was to add a "nub" on the DB stack after consing on the
GlobalPackageDB.

Removing the GlobalPackageDB can't be right because adding it is
precisely what made the package install for me. I don't have deep
knowledge of Cabal, but I think the bug was triggered by the fact that
I have "user-install: False" in my ~/.cabal/config.

Does adding nub fix it for you?

Max