[haskell-llvm] MSIL symbols

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Feb 23 19:09:08 GMT 2011

Nathan Boy schrieb:
> I tried to build and run the latest llvm project from the darcs
> repository against the version of llvm-2.8 in Ubuntu 10.10.
> Unfortunately this fails at runtime when it cannot resolve the
> LLVMInitializeMSILTargetInfo (I assume this happens when it actually
> tries to link against the llvm library).  As far as I can tell, I
> think support for MSIL has been removed entirely, so the llvm project
> should probably get rid of LLVM/Target/MSIL.hs.  Should I submit a
> patch for this?  What is the standard way to do that?

I had this problem, too:

http://projects.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-llvm/2010-October/000054.html

I think I had this problem no longer, since I locally removed all
targets from haskell-llvm, that I did not built into LLVM-2.8rc in order
to save disk space.

So yes, if MSIL has been removed completely then please submit a patch
to remove it from the Haskell wrapper, too.