[haskell-llvm] Building a Debian package for llvm-0.9.0.1

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Feb 8 21:40:40 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I have managed to build Debian packages of previous version of the
llvm bindings without problem, but 0.9.0.1 fails.

The problem turns out to be that in the Setup.hs file you have
this:

    -- Three different modes:
    case () of
     _ | modeGenerateRegFile   -> die "Generate Reg File not supported"
       | modeGenerateRegScript -> die "Generate Reg Script not supported"
       | otherwise             -> registerPackage verbosity
                                    installedPkgInfo pkg lbi inplace packageDb

and the Debian packaging scripts need the Reg file. Is there any reason
to disable this Reg file in llvm?

If I remove the two forced failures, the Debian package still doesn't
build and I haven't yet figured out why.

Cheers,
Erik