[haskell-llvm] Crash in BrainF: interface change to memset intrinsic

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Oct 12 10:00:38 EDT 2010

The crash in BrainF was caused by the memset intrinsic, that got a new
parameter isvolatile in LLVM-2.8. Two questions:

What is the right Haskell type for i1 arguments?

How can we avoid silently breaking of llvm client code? BrainF locally
declares the memset intrinsic and the same way other LLVM applications
may do. Should we provide a module that declares the LLVM intrinsics?
LLVM notes mention an Intrinsic::getDeclaration method, but I do not
know, whether this would help the Haskell wrapper.