[haskell-llvm] patch: Vectors with Pos size, Arrays with Nat size

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Oct 10 12:48:31 EDT 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de>
> wrote:
>       These changes are contained in the attached patch set.
>

> Thanks, Henning. Applied. Are there any other 2.8 compatibility changes I should be
> waiting on?

Currently I cannot get the Vector, DotProd and BrainF examples running. I
would feel better to fix them before uploading a new version to Hackage.
However I suspect these are LLVM bugs, because most problems that I had
with LLVM were LLVM bugs. :-(

In the case of example/Vector I wrote the module to a bitcode file and
tried to compile the bitcode file to X86 assembly language via 'llc'. This
was successful, which means that instruction selection worked this way.
That is, currently I cannot reproduce the problem in a way that is
appropriate for an LLVM bug report. It could still be a problem in the
Haskell wrapper.

> By the way, do you have a code.haskell.org account?

Yep, it is 'thielema'.