[haskell-llvm] haskell-llvm An LLVM backend for DDC

David Terei davidterei at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:35:22 EDT 2010

On 27 June 2010 12:14, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> The biggest problem I have run into so far is that the code relies
> on a number of modules (Unique, FastString etc) that seem to be
> internal to ghc, but which are available using
>
>    -packge ghc-6.12.1
>
> on the ghc command line. This is ok for now while I'm still getting
> a handle on the code and tracking your changes, but obviously longer
> term I'd need to remove or replace these modules.

Yes, these are recent changes made to get the code included in GHC
Head. You could check out an old version if you wanted that doesn't
use many GHC internal api's. Uses String and Data.Map instead of the
GHC internal versions.

If you go about replacing them then it would be nice if you did it by
abstracting them out rather then just changing the concrete data
types. That way potentially we could both use the same code base.

Cheers,
David