pgUp/pgDown keys

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:16:39 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Peter Hercek<phercek at gmail.com> wrote:
> There does not seem to be a name for PgUp and PgDown keys in .haskeline.
> Putting their codes directly (e.g. ^VPgUp in vim insert mode) instead of
> name into "bind:" line does not seem to work.
>
> How can I define behavior for PgUp/PgDown in haskeline?
>  ... I mean without cheating by e.g. assigning PgUp/PgDown escape
> sequence to e.g. ctrl-up (with keyseq) and then defining the behavior
> for ctrl-up.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Peter Hercek<phercek at gmail.com> wrote:
> There does not seem to be a name for PgUp and PgDown keys in .haskeline.
> Putting their codes directly (e.g. ^VPgUp in vim insert mode) instead of
> name into "bind:" line does not seem to work.
>
> How can I define behavior for PgUp/PgDown in haskeline?
>  ... I mean without cheating by e.g. assigning PgUp/PgDown escape
> sequence to e.g. ctrl-up (with keyseq) and then defining the behavior
> for ctrl-up.

Haskeline will need to be changed, but it's a small fix.  Can you
please open a ticket on http://trac.haskell.org/haskeline ?

You can assist by pasting into the comments the outputs of:
1) run the infocmp command on your terminal
2) run "ghc -e getLine" and type PgUp, then PgDown, then Return.

That's just so I can make sure it will actually work with your terminal.

-Judah