[Haddock] Fwd: vim help file backend for haddock

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:52:34 GMT 2012

Forgot to CC the Haddock list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Waern <david.waern at gmail.com>
Date: 2012/1/11
Subject: Re: [Haddock] vim help file backend for haddock
To: Lars Krueger <lars_e_krueger at gmx.de>

Hi Lars,

2012/1/11 Lars Krueger <lars_e_krueger at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> is anybody already working on a backend that generates vim help text files?

not AFAIK. That would be a nice addition.

> If not, what's the proper procedure for contributing something like this?

1) See http://trac.haskell.org/haddock for which repository to base
your code on.

2) Start hacking :-)

3) Send a patch.

However, you may want to investigate if it's possible to create a
stand-alone program using the Haddock API that does what you want. The
API is exported by the haddock package under Documentation.Haddock.

We prefer stand-alone programs over integrated backends since it
reduces the maintenance burden of Haddock. And if the API provides
what you need it might be slightly easier to write a stand-alone
program than to hack on Haddock.

David