[Haddock] Regenerating Haddock docs on Hackage

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Mon Sep 6 17:11:19 EDT 2010

On Sep 6, 2010, at 12:42 AM, Ross Paterson wrote:

> Yes.  I'm using haddock 2.8.1 for new uploads, and am also in the process
> of regenerating the documentation for all the packages,

This rocks!  (Just in case it wasn't clear how happy I am that you're doing this!!!)

> but there were
> always going to be packages that built in the past but will not build
> with GHC 6.12.3, and I didn't want those to stick out quite as much.

I've poked at the CSS a bit - and I'm dubious that I'm going to be able to make it much better. (That the Snap folks were able to re-style old Haddock output is astonishing!)

I suppose I'm in favor of leaving packages that won't rebuild with the older look: It worked and was self-consistent. Having two forms of Ocean seems more awkward to me, especially since the restyling of the old markup has so many quirks.

I'll keep poking at it, on the assumption that you'd rather try to get the old packages to style similarly.... Interested to know what others think on this issue.

	- Mark